This photograph shows 'Anja' leaving us to reach her moorings above Holme Lock. 'Anja' (pronounced 'Anya') was built in
Holland in 1929 and is 22.4 metres long with a beam of 3.8 metres. She is powered by Scania six cylinder diesel engine
and is luxuriously fitted out with two bedrooms and two bathrooms. At the time she was being offered for sale, so the
owners seemed quite happy to show us round while we were breasted up in locks.
After parting company with 'Anja' we continued on through Nottingham
and after victualling at Sainsburys, pressed on to
Derwent Mouth Lock on the Trent & Mersey Canal (near Shardlow) where we tied-up for the night. The following day,
Sunday, 7th June 2009, we made Burton-on-Trent from where Jane returned to Northamptonshire by train and bus
leaving Graham to bring the boat back to Cropredy single handed.
Click on the picture above to return to Alnwick's 'early summer cruise' to Lincoln gallery index.